You are currently viewing Commercial Electrician – BES Electrical FAQs

Commercial Electrician – BES Electrical FAQs

What services can you provide?

We are able to provide a range of electrical services whether you are a homeowner looking for domestic work or a buildings manager overseeing a number of commercial properties.

Can you support with commercial properties?

Yes, we can provide a variety of services that cover commercial properties and have worked with many commercial buildings for a number of years. Our commercial services include:

  • Testing/Inspecting ECIR
  • Emergency Call Out for Chesham and surrounding areas
  • Electrical Maintenance
  • Domestic / Commercial Re-Wires
  • Upgrading Consumer Units
  • Electrical Installations
  • Offices/Public Houses/Shopfitting
  • Display Lighting Specialists
  • Emergency Light & Smoke Detection

Do you do service plans?

At BES Electrical, we believe that you should have peace of mind that your electrician will be there to inspect your services periodically. Thats why we offer periodic testing and inspection plans to spot the faults before they can become more serious.

Do you operate an emergency call out?

If you live in Chesham or the surrounding areas, we are happy to operate an emergency call out service, so if you are caught in a difficult or potentially dangerous situation with your electrics, you can be sure the BES Electrical will come to your aid.

Which areas do you cover?

BES Electrical are based in Chesham and cover this area, as well as the areas surrounding Chesham including Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Oxfordshire and London.

Can you support with rewiring my house?

Yes, we can offer a full solution to rewiring your home, whether you are looking for just one room or the whole house. We will visit your property prior to undertaking the work in order to understand exactly what needs to be done and to provide you with a free, no obligation quote.

Can you do PAT testing?

A PAT test should be conducted in any commercial property that has employees working from the building. A PAT test should be undertaken at least once a year and should include a visual check as well as a more indepth test to ensure the safety of your employee. BES Electrical can complete your PAT testing on a yearly basis.

What is the difference between a commercial and domestic electrician?

The difference between a commercial and domestic electrician is not only the type of sites they work on, but the level of training they need to undertake. A commercial electrician requires a more demanding level of certification due to the nature of work they will carry out (surrounded by employees) and the type of services they will supply.

A Domestic Electrician should not undertake electrical services in a commercial property unless they are qualified to do so. Here at BES Electrical, we are qualified to provide both types of services.

Why should I use a registered electrician?

Using a registered electrician is much safer than using someone who is not registered for a variety of reasons. Most importantly, you can be sure that the works being carried out will be done so in a safe way, your electrician has been trained by an accredited provider and the work will be insured should anything go wrong.

What are your accreditations and certifications?

We have various accreditations and certifications to show we are competent in carrying out all works required. These include:

  • City and Guilds accredited
  • Electrical Safety Register Certification
  • NICIEC accreditation
  • Registered Competent Person

Are you fully insured?

Yes, BES Electrical are fully insured up to the value of £2 million and all our work is covered by the NICEIC (Part P Registered) Platinum promise insurance scheme.

Will you visit my property prior to providing a quote?

We believe in providing our customers with honesty and transparency which is why we will always provide a free, no obligation quote prior to undertaking any work you have requested.

Can you support with designing?

We have a lot of experience with electrics, particularly with those who are renovating or extending their homes. If you are not sure which light fittings to choose or where or if you are trying to decide where to put plug sockets to supply electricity to your rooms, we would be happy to provide advice and guidance based on our previous experience.

Are you able to support landlords?

Yes, we can support landlords with their rental properties to ensure they are completing all works necessary to have their homes signed off, safe and ready for their tenants to move in. We can also conduct periodic checks and maintenance when required throughout the year.