You are currently viewing Frequently Asked Questions | Electrical Team | BES Electrical

Frequently Asked Questions | Electrical Team | BES Electrical

What is a domestic electrical team?

A domestic electrical team are electricians who carry out electrical work mainly inside residential flats or houses. For example, this can involve running cables, installing lighting, replacing fuse boxes, and repairing electrical parts around the home. Every room has different requirements. For instance, bathroom electrics won’t be set up in the same way as kitchen electrics. Because of this, domestic electricians have the opportunity and freedom to specialise in different areas of a home.

Due to the rising popularity of electric cars, domestic electricians can now also install residential vehicle charging points. Domestic electricians can offer a wide range of services. Domestic electricians have standards and regulations that they must follow to make sure installations are safe and compliant. Please get in contact with BES Electrical today to discuss how we can help you.

What is a commercial electrical team?

A commercial electrical team are professionals who complete electrical work for other businesses. For example, offices, schools, restaurants, shops, and data centres. Sometimes a commercial electrician extends their services to industrial environments such as factories. However, this may require some engineering expertise. Work that a commercial electrician will carry out includes dealing with server rooms, backup generators, power supplies and industrial control panels. Other work includes carrying out inspection reports, installing lighting and testing electrical appliances. Commercial electricians have standards and regulations that they must follow to make sure installations are safe and compliant. Please get in contact with BES Electrical today to discuss how we can help you.

How often should I get my electrics tested?

It is recommended that you get your electrics tested every three to five years. To keep up with recent safety standards, you need to update your electrical system when necessary. This still applies to people who have a new house. Keep your family safe by contacting BES Electrical today so we can test all of your electrics.

When is PAT testing required?

When PAT testing is required depends on the type of equipment. Moveable equipment such as extension leads and portable equipment needs to be tested every twenty-four months. However, handheld equipment needs to be tested every twelve months. This also applies to all class one equipment in schools. Class two equipment needs to be tested every forty-eight months. Our expert team at BES Electrical can help with PAT testing.

My plug is making a funny noise – what should I do?

You should never ignore a buzzing noise from your plug. You should contact BES Electrical straight away so we can inspect the plug and find the underlying issue. Once we understand the issue, we can then get it repaired for you right away. This is super important because if you don’t get the issue resolved, you are putting yourself and your family at risk of fires, electrical shock, and other dangerous situations. Please get in contact with BES Electrical today if you are experiencing strange plug noises so we can help you and your family stay safe.

Can your electrical team respond to emergency call-outs?

Yes, our team at BES Electrical can respond to emergency call-outs. We have a 24/7 emergency call-out service available to you. If you have an emergency, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with us. We want to help you and get it sorted out as quickly as possible.

What qualifications does BES Electrical have?

At BES Electrical, we have an expert team of experienced and qualified electricians who deliver electrical services. We have fully qualified local electricians for your peace of mind. Our team of experienced and knowledgeable electricians are all fully qualified to carry out a wide range of electrical projects, so you can be confident you’ll always get great results and a high level of service. We are fully insured for up to 2 million pounds, and all work is covered by the NICEIC (PART P REGISTERED) platinum promise insurance scheme.

All team members at BES Electrical have proven knowledge and application of electrical safety. If you need rewiring or electrical installation services, our approved contractors will always keep to the current BS7671 regulations. Once work has been completed, we will happily provide you with all the relevant documentation.

Accreditations and certificates that BES Electrical have got include City and Guilds, Electrical Safety Register, NICEIC Domestic Installer and Registered Competent Person Electrical. Please get in contact today to speak to our expert team.

What areas do you cover for domestic properties?

For domestic properties, we offer services to clients in Buckinghamshire, Chesham, Bedfordshire, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, and other surrounding areas. If you’re looking for a local electrician, give us a call, and we will help you.

I’m building a new house – can you complete the wiring?

Yes, if you are building a new house, we can definitely help to complete the wiring. Get in touch with BES Electrical today so we can decide the best way to help you wire your new home.

What is an EICR report, and do I need one?

An EICR report stands for an electrical installation condition report. An EICR report is used to identify defects, deterioration, damages, and conditions which may indicate potential danger. It also provides recommendations for improvement within a given property. All landlords must acquire a report from the person who is conducting the inspection. This report will explain if you require any work. Since April 2021, an EICR certificate became a legal requirement. Get in contact with BES Electrical today to discuss any legal requirements you need help with.