As the world opens up and we start to return to our offices, it has never been more critical to ensure that the electrics and lighting within the building are working safely and correctly. With many office-related injuries resulting from poor lighting and electric shocks, it’s vital to ensure that all electrical equipment is not damaged and has an in date PAT sticker to show its been tested for safety.
For commercial landlords, it can be challenging to organise and keep track of your buildings electrical testing and maintenance. That’s why we at BES Electrical work with many commercial landlords to support them with the safety of their buildings throughout the year. This month’s blog discusses the benefits of having a commercial electrician to work with and how BES Electrical can help you and your commercial properties.
The benefits of working with a qualified electrician on your commercial building
There are many benefits to consider when deciding whether to work with a commercial electrician on your building:
- Industry-standard approved – many people can claim to be able to work with electrics. However, it is a dangerous job and should not be undertaken lightly. Working with a qualified electrician who can provide certificates to show their qualifications will give you peace of mind that your electrics are in safe hands.
- Long term working relationship – once you have found a qualified electrician that works well for you, you can continue this relationship for as long as you have the building. Your electrician will continue to support you and your commercial property year-round.
- Annual reminders – if you can’t remember when your PAT testing is due or when was the last time your fire alarms were checked, don’t fear. When you have a qualified electrician to help, they will remind you annually when your testing and maintenance is due.
- Safer and faster results – if you have an emergency with your electrics, you need someone you can trust who will come and identify the issue and resolve it quickly and safely. A commercial electrician will do this for you.
- Preventative maintenance – A qualified electrician will ensure that when works are carried out periodically, they will support your building going forward – not just fixing the problem here and now.
Qualified Electricians giving you peace of mind
ES are NICEIC approved electrical contractors. We have been thoroughly assessed to show we are competent in providing efficient and safe services for businesses across Buckinghamshire and the Home Counties. We can support you and your commercial building with various services, including regular PAT testing, fire alarm and smoke detector maintenance, lighting and fault finding.
Part of the services provided by a commercial electrician is the annual scheduling of testing and inspection of your fire alarms and electrical equipment. We will remind you when this is due for renewal to ensure your clients are not working in an unsafe space.
If you find an emergency problem, give us a call, and our on-call electrician will visit your property to identify and resolve the issue. We provide high levels of customer service at all times to ensure our clients are safe and happy in their workplaces.
NICEIC approved electrical contractors
The National Inspection Council for Electrical Installation Contractors (NICEIC) provide training, consultancy and assessment to the building and construction sectors. The assessment aims to show that the company in question can safely carry out the works they are advertising and they have been assessed and signed off as having the understanding and training to carry out this work.
Not only do the NICEIC carry out training and assessment of contractors and businesses, but they also check the equipment used to ensure it is working correctly and safely. The NICEIC provides the standard practice for contractors and businesses to work to a high standard and gives clients the confidence that the contractor has been assessed and is safe.
You may also be interested in:
Commercial electrical services BES can provide
As commercial electricians, we provide a variety of services to landlords and owners of commercial buildings to support the safe running of the site. These services include:
- Emergency call out for Chesham and surrounding areas
- Standard electrical maintenance
- Commercial re-wiring
- Upgrading consumer units
- Testing and inspecting ECIR (Electrical Installation Condition Report)
- Shop/office / public house fittings
- Display lighting specialists
- Emergency lighting and smoke detection
BES Electrical – your master commercial electricians
When you choose to work with BES Electrical for all your commercial needs, you can have the confidence of knowing that your electrics are in safe hands. We have supported many domestic and commercial clients for over 20 years, and as we are a family run business, we know how important it is to keep everyone safe. We are honest, reliable and professional, and our goal is to complete your job to the highest standard with the minimum disruption. As a result of our services, our clients come back time and time again for our support when their electrics need it most. To find out more or discuss your commercial portfolio and how we can help you, get in touch today.